15 ways to help someone with an eating disorder
The number of people living with one of the various eating disorders, including anorexia, bulimia and binge-eating disorder, is rising every year. Families all over this country are struggling to help someone who has an eating disorder, but Una Bennett, staff nurse at the Eating Disorder Unit at Saint John of God Hospital, Dublin, says there are multiple ways to support a loved one who is dealing with food issues.
- Overcoming Anorexia Nervosa: 'That moment broke me down and I told my mum what had happened to me when I was younger'
- Orthorexia Nervosa: The good girl's eating disorder
- Rugby star offers teens hope on mental health- 'I hope my story can give people hope that recovery is possible'
- ‘I looked around and I had nothing – no friends, no job and no prospects’ - How Anorexia eroded my life
- Pupils in all-girls schools more likely to suffer from Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia