Proud mum watches son win gold a decade after transplant
Laura Larkin Proud mum Cassandra O'Brien watched as her son won a gold medal for Ireland, 10 years after she transformed his life by donating a kidney to him.
- Courageous Irish brother Caoimhin (9) donates vital bone marrow to save his sister’s life: 'I’m so happy I could do it for her'
- Video: Boy (8) becomes the world’s youngest double hand transplant recipient
- Critically ill Luke (11) close to death before 'revolutionary' treatment
- Mum Aisling on her miracle son Lee: 'We were told to prepare ourselves for the very worst. I used to tell my unborn baby that he would be alright'
- Brave Irish mum to run marathon for cancer research after chemo