FIVE THINGS YOU NEED
Published 21/02/2016 | 02:30
You may have these already, but if not, here's Dr May's shopping guide:
1) A pair of running shoes. You don't need to spend a lot of money on top of the range footwear, just find the most comfortable runner in the shop and bear in mind that they will have to be broken in.
2) Short-sleeved and long-sleeved t-shirts, to cover the weather changes.
3) Running shorts, such as cyclists wear so they are tight and don't cause friction. Women usually prefer the longer version.
4) A pair of good running socks that air out because you will be sweaty.
5) A high visibility jacket. This is compulsory and should always be worn.