Global village: Gwyneth is hip in The Hamptons
Gwyneth Paltrow supported her ex-husband Chris Martin and his band Coldplay when they played at the Stephen Talkhouse in The Hamptons, New York.
The Hamptons, located at the east end of Long Island, are a group of villages and hamlets in the towns of Southampton and East Hampton, which have long been a summer destination for affluent New York City residents.
If you fancy popping along next summer to see what all the fuss is about, renting a beachfront or waterfront house in The Hamptons - along with a heated pool and clay tennis court - will set you back around €27,000 a month during high season.
Celebrity neighbours - stars who regularly visit The Hamptons - include John McEnroe, Jennifer Lopez, Richard Gere, Steven Spielberg and Martha Stewart.
It’s your first holiday as a couple!
Holidayextras.co.uk has some tips on how to survive your first holiday as a couple.
1. No pressure! Try not to place too much importance on the holiday — it won’t all be perfect.
2. Accept the low points. People sometimes get tired, stressed, sick, sunburned and grumpy away from home — don’t take it personally.
3. Discuss your budget. Make sure that you’ve both agreed the kind of cash you’ll be spending and how you will pay for things while you’re away.
4. Shared activities. Discuss the activities you’re interested in — don’t leave it until you realise that he plans to lie by the pool with a cold beer, while you were dreaming of scuba diving and trekking.
5. Time apart. While doing stuff together is a great part of a couple’s holiday, having a bit of separate time is equally important.
6. Meeting other people. Swapping stories and having a laugh with new people can give your holiday a new lease of life.
Swimming with sounds
Fancy listening to your favourite music while having a swim on holidays? Now you can listen to your hottest tunes while you swim, by wearing an all-in-one waterproof headset that can be submerged in water up to 2m deep.
The Sony Waterproof Walkman with NFC and Bluetooth (NWZ-WS610 Series) features a lightweight, wrap-around headband that will hold tight when you’re in the pool — or even if you fancy taking a run while on holidays.
NFC and Bluetooth connectivity2 leaves you free to focus on your backstroke while enjoying your favourite tunes. It has capacity for around 4,000 songs.
Costs from €169. sony.ie
Sunday Indo Living