Six foodie delights at this weekend's Electric Picnic Festival
Published 03/09/2015 | 08:32
Festival-goers can be a hungry crowd. Forkful's Aoife McElwain shares her top food picks for the weekend...
1. Parked in the Trailer Park, Home Fries (pictured) are a potato-frying operation working out of a refurbished retro caravan. Grab a box of baby potatoes fried to a pleasing crisp and slathered in a chorizo and red pepper sauce.
2. Suha's Falafel are housed in a little blue tent and will be in the main arena serving their deliciously authentic Palestinian falafel with crunchy cabbage and thick hummus.
3. Global Green is a pop-up ecovillage and, as food is key element in sustainable living, Global Green highlights local food producers and artisan food crafts through
4. The Outsiders' Food Project. All the food is sourced within a 50-mile radius of Cloughjordan ecovillage in Tipperary.
5. Dublin-based Pakistani restaurant Kinara Kitchen are bringing their food tent back to Stradbally. Look out for the sound of meat being diced on their Katakat hot plate, or for the smokey smells of charred chicken and lamb drifting from their tandoor oven.
6. GULP! is a two-man show about the science and culture of food brought to you by science broadcaster Jonathan McCrea and chef Ivan Varian. They'll be serving up insects, miracle berries, the world's hottest chilli and more at The Theatre of Food at 12.45pm on Saturday.