Herby summer sweetcorn salad
Fresh herbs are an essential part of creating fresh, vibrant dishes and this dish is bursting with delicious fresh flavours.
Published 17/06/2014 | 02:30
• 2 cups sweetcorn (tinned, frozen, fresh from the cob)
• 1 tin kidney beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 red pepper, diced into small cubes
• 1 green pepper, diced into small cubes
• 1 courgette, skin on, diced into small cubes, like pepper
• 250g small plum tomatoes, halved
• 6 spring onions, sliced
• 1 cup of fresh mixed herbs: basil, coriander, oregano, thyme
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• Juice of 2 limes
• 3tablespoons olive oil
• Salt and pepper
• For the dressing: mix together the ingredients and season to taste. I like lots of lime, so tend to use a little less olive oil.
The dressing needs a good pinch of salt and pepper for all the veggies.
• For the salad: dice the peppers and courgettes into small blocks, mix with the sweetcorn, kidney beans and plum tomatoes, pour over the dressing.
• Just before serving, sprinkle over the fresh herbs and spring onions.
The Ish Factor
Fresh herbs are an essential part of creating fresh, vibrant dishes. They can be expensive to buy, so do try growing a few in pots, even if it's on a windowsill.
When purchased, keep herbs fresh by lining a container with a clean, damp J cloth, layering your herbs gently, then placing another damp cloth on top.
Seal with a lid and keep in the fridge.
Health & LivingFollow @Indo_Life