Recipe of the Week -- Winter Omelette
This recipe uses two great stalwarts of the winter kitchen garden -- squash and leeks. The yoghurt is an interesting addition.
* 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
* 1 leek, white and light green parts, cleaned and chopped
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 350g winter squash, cut in dice
* Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint and the same quantity of fresh dill.
* 8 eggs
* 150ml Greek-style yogurt
* 40g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
* Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
* Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large, heavy pan.
* Add the leek and cook, stirring, until tender.
* Add the garlic, stir together, and add the squash.
* Cook, until tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
* Season to taste.
* Stir in the herbs.
* Remove from the heat.
* Place the remaining tablespoon of oil in a 9-inch casserole dish, brush the sides of the pan with the oil and place in the oven.
* Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a large bowl and season.
* Whisk in the yogurt and the Parmesan.
* Stir in the squash mixture.
* Remove the baking dish from the oven and pour in the egg mixture.
* Place in the oven, and bake 30 minutes or until lightly coloured.
* Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.