Top Five Sweet Treats to Try at Taste of Dublin
Published 27/05/2016 | 00:00
The eleventh annual Taste of Dublin kicks off on June 16 and with more than 25 restaurants from around the country pitched up in Iveagh Gardens, there’s plenty of feasting to be done.
Here are some of the top treats you should treat your sweet tooth to this June at the much loved Dublin festival.
1) Fresh strawberries covered in melted milk chocolate from Choc Allure is Taste visitor’s favourite sweet treat. The fact that it pairs well with the Tattinger champagne for a decadent dessert might have something to do with it!
2) Chapter One & Barry’s Tea's Sweet Desserts
Ross Lewis of Chapter One has once again paired up with Barry’s Tea to create a wondrous display of desserts to celebrate Taste of Dublin. The intricate cakes are all made with a different variety of Barry’s tea. The collaboration proved to be one of the sweetest stops on last year’s visit to Taste of Dublin and head pastry chef Darren Hogarty’s creations are sure not to disappoint.
3) The delicious iced cupcakes in a myriad of flavours from The Cupcake Bloke sees queues at his stand every year, the indulgent Red Velvet cupcakes are worth the wait.
4) The Dublin Cookie Company flavour combinations never fail to excite. Their award winning Carrot Cake Cookie sandwiches sweet coconut cream cheese between two carrot and spice flavoured cookies for a rich mouthful of delicious!
5) Blood orange sorbet from Cúlcow is the perfect cool treat on a hot day at Taste of Dublin. Sweet and zesty, this sorbet from their range of ice creams and sorbets is the big winner.
Taste of Dublin in Ivegah Gardens runs from June 16 until June 19.
For more information and to book tickets see: dublin.tastefestivals.com