The best deals and meals around Ireland on New Year's Eve
You've worked hard to make the Christmas spectacular, it's time to treat yourself to a New Year's Eve break, writes Lucinda O'Sullivan
Once a year, we all get a chance to start over again, a chance to reset our hopes and goals, put the past aside and to approach the future with optimism - and New Year's Eve has always been a celebration of that.
Whether you're seeing off a fantastic year full of success stories and dreams come true or you're just happy to see the back of a rough, tough 12 months, we can all enjoy a new beginning come January 1.
So, my advice is to treat yourself to a proper New Year's celebration this year. Whether that means wholesome family fun, fancy-shmancy wining and dining or a raucous, unruly revelry that lasts well into New Year's Day - go for it!
Take it from one who knows: you deserve it.
And luckily enough, it has never been easier to find an ideal New Year's Eve celebration, with fantastic packages being offered all over the country.
- In Dublin, the Radisson Blu St Helen's on the Stillorgan Road is offering a superb package this New Year's Eve, from €150pps to include deluxe accommodation in one of its 126 fabulous rooms, chocolates on arrival, New Year's Eve dinner in a relaxed, intimate setting, along with live music in the ballroom lounge and sparkling wine at midnight. radissonblu.ie
- The ultra-modern Marker Hotel on Grand Canal Square invites you to treat your inner gastronome this New Year's Eve with an overnight stay including breakfast, complimentary pre-dinner drinks, and dinner with an exquisite tasting menu in the brasserie, where executive head chef Gareth Mullins has created seasonal dishes to delight.
- After dinner, make your way up to the Rooftop Bar on the seventh floor to watch Dublin's famous firework display. From €559 per night. themarkerhoteldublin.com
- Meanwhile, out in Killiney, the Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel is running a one- or two-night New Year's offer for €180/€225pps respectively, which includes bed, breakfast and tickets to its glittering black-tie New Year's Eve gala ball. Standalone tickets to the gala ball are €99 per person. fitzpatrickcastle.com
- Leaving the capital, the Hodson Bay Hotel in Athlone is doing New Year's packages from €229 pps, with 2 BB1EM, where its chefs will wow you with a spectacular five-course meal. hodsonbayhotel.com
- The K Club, in Straffan, Co Kildare, is doing a two- or three-night New Year's deal with a four-course meal in the River Room on one evening and a black-tie gala dinner and ball on the big night, along with a dazzling fireworks show to ring in the New Year. Prices start at €750pps. kclub.ie
- Also in Kildare, Carton House offers a winter wonderland deal, with a luxurious overnight stay with dinner, full Irish breakfast and €10 golf or spa credit per person at €99pps. cartonhouse.com
- At the cool Seafield Golf & Spa Hotel at Ballymoney in Gorey, Co Wexford, it has a two-night New Year's Eve dinner package from €289pps. New Year's Eve dining time must be reserved prior to your arrival. seafieldhotel.com
- At the fabulous Castlemartyr Resort, they are promising a magical celebration like no other, with B&B, pre-dinner drinks, a sumptuous five-course meal in the Bell Tower restaurant, prepared by head chef Kevin Burke, after which you can dance the remainder of 2015 away with live entertainment in the Knights Bar. Just €400 per room per night. They are also offering a great family package with B&B and New Year's Eve dinner for young and old alike in Franchini's authentic Italian restaurant. €360 per room per night. castlemartyrresort.ie
- Also in Cork, Hayfield Manor will celebrate New Year in style with a gala ball. Festivities will start with a Bollinger Champagne reception before dinner commences in Hayfield Manor's signature restaurant - Orchids - where an exquisite seven-course gourmet feast will be served, after which the resident band will have guests dancing the night away, before the midnight salute to 2015, as they ring in the New Year with a Champagne toast. Exclusive three-night residential New Year's Eve packages begin from €574pps. Tickets only for the gala ball can also be purchased separately for €199. Places are limited and booking is essential. hayfieldmanor.ie
- At the legendary Blue Haven in Kinsale, they are offering a New Year's break from €75pps with breakfast, or €105pps, including breakfast and a three-course gala dinner, to be followed by live music from the 'Sons of Steve McQueen' on New Year's Eve. bluehavenkinsale.com
- The Park Hotel in Kenmare is offering (from €530pps) two nights' B&B as well as a New Years festive dinner following a Champagne reception. Start New Year's Day with a morning serenity walk followed by a late breakfast, running until 11.30am, for those still recovering. parkkenmare.com
- Over in the west, guests at the spectacular Glenlo Abbey Hotel in Galway are celebrating the New Year amid twinkling lights and open fires, with an evening of exquisite dining in the sophisticated River Room restaurant, followed by entertainment late into the night and a sparkling Champagne toast at midnight. Two-night packages from €425pps. glenloabbeyhotel.ie
- Out West in Cashel House - in Cashel, Co Galway, of course - they are doing New Year in sparkling style from €200pps. Guests will meet and mingle at its mulled wine reception hosted by the McEvilly family and staff, followed by a magnificent celebratory dinner with all the festive trimmings. After dinner, guests are invited to enjoy live music in the bar along with a complimentary glass of Champagne to toast the New Year. cashelhouse.ie
- Moving up to Mayo, the Westport Coast Hotel encourages revellers to come and watch the sun setting over Clew Bay this New Year's Eve before enjoying a sumptuous meal in its Waterfront restaurant. In its nearby sister hotel, the Castle Court, there will be a fabulous black-tie New Year's ball with tickets at €59. westportcoasthotel.ie
- Also in Westport, the Mill Times Hotel is doing a five-course New Year's Eve meal, a glass of bubbly and a live band and DJ until late at just €39pp, early booking advised. milltimeshotel.ie
So eat, drink and be merry before the guilt of New Year's resolutions takes over!