Taste of Dublin: Five non-foodie things to do at this year's festival
Published 07/06/2016 | 15:18
The eleventh annual Taste of Dublin kicks off on June 16 and with more than 25 restaurants from around the country pitched up in Iveagh Gardens, there’s plenty of feasting to be done. But when your belly's full (as it undoubtedly will be) there is so much more to do at Ireland's biggest food festival.
1. A midst of all the food stalls is the Champagne Taittinger VIP Suite, where a spot of people watching can be done. Festival goers can enjoy the gourmet garden in true ‘VIP Style’ inside the Taittinger Suite. Each VIP guest will receive fast track entrance to the festival, a complimentary glass of Champagne Taittinger and Taste Beer upon arrival, and a luxury chocolate treat complimentary of Lindt.
2. After all the eating you might not be fit for much more than sprawling on the grass but luckily this year's festival is set to feature some top musical acts from all corners of the country. The Whelan's live stage at this year’s Taste will be a showcase of some of the great acts that regularly play in Camden Street venue including Bronagh Gallagher, Jerry Fish and Mundy as well as some of Ireland best up and coming bands. The venue is also sponsoring the new Archery Stage at this year's event which is promised to keep the masses entertained.
3. Jet off to Asia by heading to Taste of Thailand for a spot of culture and entertainment. The tent is set to host Thai Music Groups who will be performing classical dances to represent the four parts of the country. If you're looking for a more relaxing experience, a visit to the If it is a more relaxed atmosphere you are after a wander over to the Traditional Thai Spa area might be in order where you can enjoy massages and spa treatments worthy of a five star holiday.
4. Maybe you've had your fill of Ireland's best dishes but perhaps there's room for a few craft beers? Taste of Dublin has teamed up with an abundance of craft beer specialists from all around Ireland and further afield for this year's festival. Take your pint down to the The Foxes Rock Bar, located just in front of the Chill Insurance main stage until you're ready for round number two.
5. Bask in the sunshine (hopefully).The colourful bean bags situated at the Main Fountain area is a great rest stop as you journey around Iveagh Gardens this year.
Taste of Dublin in Ivegah Gardens runs from June 16 until June 19.
For more information and to book tickets see: dublin.tastefestivals.com