Ireland’s Best Takeaways revealed: Has your favourite made the cut?
Published 18/10/2016 | 19:37
A south Dublin takeaway has been named the best in Ireland at an annual awards ceremony which recognises the best restaurants of their kind throughout the country.
Ly Garden, a Tallaght-based Chinese takeaway, was crowned the best in Ireland at the Just Eat National Takeaway Awards held on Tuesday in Dublin’s Fallon and Byrne.
The Asian restaurant, located in Dominic's Shopping Centre, was also crowned the best Chinese takeaway in Ireland and best Dublin takeaway, as voted for by more than 14,000 of Just Eat’s users.
While Dublin joints featured heavily on the list of beloved takeaways, Lana Asian in Castletroy, Donallas in Castlebar and Burrito Loco in Letterkenny also landed awards at the ceremony hosted by Brian Dowling and Pippa O’Connor Ormond.
While 2015 was the year of the Spice Bag, last year’s favourite was trumped as voters deemed their top dish of 2016 to be Chicken Tikka Masala.
However, Ireland’s best Spice Bag can be found in Sunflower in Dublin’s Templeogue, who picked up a gong for their dedication to the Dublin-born favourite.
Traditionalists might like to pay a visit to Romayos in Clonsilla, which was named the best chipper in Ireland by Just Eat users, while the best curry can be found in SabatoGo in Rathmines.
Healthy options also had their own place on the list, as Dublin-based chain Chopped was recognised as Ireland’s healthiest takeaway.
Speaking after the awards, Ly Garden owner Luong Ly said he was thrilled to be recognised by the establishment's customers.
“We’re so thrilled to have been awarded the Ireland’s Best Takeaway, Best Takeaway Dublin and Best Takeaway Chinese here this evening at the Just Eat National Takeaway Awards. We’re extremely grateful to all our loyal customers who voted for us – we’re already looking forward to competing again next year!”
Ireland's Best Takeaways
• Best Takeaway Chinese – Ly Garden, Tallaght
• Ireland’s Best Curry – SabaToGo, Rathmines
• Ireland’s Best Salad - Avoca, Rathcoole
• Ireland’s Best Spicebag – Sunflower, Templeogue
• Best Takeaway Indian – Bombay Pantry, Fairview
• Best Takeaway Thai – Camile Thai, Phibsborough
• Best Takeaway Pizza – Firehouse, Ballymun
• Best Takeaway Chipper – Romayos, Clonsilla
• Best Takeaway Mexican – Boojum, Millennium Walkway
• Best Takeaway Japanese – Wagamama, South King Street, Dublin 2
• Best Takeaway American – Bunsen, Wexford Street, Dublin 2
• Best Takeaway Healthy – Chopped, Fairview
• Best Takeaway Lunchtime – Subway, The Square, Tallaght
• Best Takeaway Dublin – Ly Garden, Tallaght
• Best Takeaway Leinster – Ajanta, Drogheda
• Best Takeaway Munster – Lana Asian, Castletroy, Limerick
• Best Takeaway Connaught – Donallas, Castlebar, Mayo
• Best Takeaway Ulster – Burrito Loco, Letterkenny, Donegal
• Best Takeaway Ireland – Ly Garden, Tallaght
• Ireland’s Favourite Dish – Chicken Tikka Masala