Dark Chololate Mousse and Fresh Strawberries
A luxurious yet simple dessert, perfect for sharing!
• 125g Dark Choc (60% cocoa)
• 1 Whole Egg
• 1 Egg Yolk } Sabayon
• 1 Tbls Water
• 350ml Avonmore Cream
• 250g Fresh Strawberries
• Mint Leaves to garnish (optional)
1. Put the chocolate in a bowl and place over a pot of boiling water until its melted then remove from the heat.
2. In a separate bowl add the egg plus one yolk with a tablespoon of water and place over the boiling water. Continually whisk until the egg mixture (sabayon) has doubled in volume.
3. Mix the sabayon and the chocolate together and allow to cool but not completely cold.
4. Whip the cream to soft peaks and fold the cream into the chocolate mixture with a spatula taking great care not to knock the air out of the mousse.
5. Finely slice the strawberries and arrange around the base of your serving glass. Spoon the mousse into the centre and top with some chunkier strawberry pieces.
6. Garnish with a sprig of mint and refrigerate until serving.