Parents warned about dangerous playground game ‘Sleeper’ which left a child in hospital
Published 17/04/2015 | 10:35
Police in the UK have issued a warning to parents after a dangerous playground game rising in popularity left a child in hospital in Manchester.
The dangerous game ‘Sleeper’ involves a child having their nose and mouth blocked until they pass out and police have warned parents of the potentially fatal consequences of the suffocation game.
Earlier this week, an eight-year-old boy was admitted to hospital in Manchester after he blacked out while playing the game.
Greater Manchester Police released a statement following the boy’s admission to hospital.
“We have received reports of a new craze called ‘sleeper’.
“This involves children completely covering the mouth and noses of younger children until they completely pass out,” the statement said.
“This is extremely dangerous. A child is currently in hospital being treated after falling victim to this game.”
“Please advise every child you know, and warn them of the dangers. This could easily lead to concussion or even death,” reads the statement.
Fortunately, the child was later released from hospital after being treated for oxygen deprivation.