• 75pc of participants feel their mother’s generation were afforded more time to bring up their children
• 40pc feel they have less than an hour per day to themselves
• 62pc agree that labour-saving devices free up their time when at home
• Almost 75pc sometimes feel isolated or unsupported as a mother
• 18pc think that living closer to their mother is the single most important thing that would improve their quality of life
• 80pc singled out their partners as their greatest source of support in bringing up their children
• 56pc said that as husbands now take a greater role in maintaining the home, they are allowed significantly more quality time with their children than would have been possible for their mother’s generation.