Guidelines for internet and texting
• Keep up to speed with your teenager's internet usage as best you can, being mindful of their personal needs. Check their internet activity occasionally.
• Explain why certain messages and imagery are not appropriate to put up on the internet or send by text.
• Keep an eye on the TV programmes your child is watching.
• Put boundaries in place regarding the use of computers and mobile phones.
• If a sexting incident has taken place, deal with it sensitively and rebuild the trust with your child.
• Check with your child's school, local VEC and/or local community projects for accessible, affordable support programmes for parents.