Extraordinary Easter Eggs
Published 20/04/2011 | 11:00
* 195g of Kellogg’s Rice Krispies
* 300g marshmallows
* 1 tsp vanilla essence
* 45g butter
* Sweets, sprinkles or chocolate to decorate
1. Let’s get cooking! Put the butter into a big saucepan.
2. Put the heat on low and melt the butter slowly. Keep stirring!
3. Next, pour all the squishy marshmallows into the pan to melt. Be careful, it’s hot.
4. Keep stirring until the marshmallows have melted, then remove from the heat.
5. Now add a few drops of vanilla essence to your mixture to make it really tasty.
6. To add some Easter magic, add a few drops of your favourite food colouring to change the colour.
7. Now it’s time to add Kellogg’s Rice Krispies. Pour them into the pan and stir everything together.
8. Pop the mixture into a big bowl and let it cool down a bit so everyone can get their hands in.
9. Now to make some eggs. With your hands, take a small handful of mixture and roll it into an egg shape. Keep going until the mixture is all gone.
10. Pop the finished eggs into the fridge for a little while to firm up, ready for decorating.
11. Make your eggs look egg-stra special with some lovely decorations, and put them all in a bowl ready to eat!