Argos recalls Mamas & Papas car seats over safety fears
Published 02/05/2016 | 10:05
Argos has warned parents to stop using certain car seats "immediately" as it issued an urgent recall over safety fears.
The retailer has recalled five products from upmarket brand Mamas & Papas.
At least three of the five products have been sold from Argos' Irish stores.
The products are currently unavailable for sale.
It is feared the models may not be able to protect children in the event of a crash, with their shells cracking under impact.
In a statement, it said: "We have identified a potential safety concern. In the event of an accident the car seat shell may crack and therefore not provide the intended level of protection to the user."
Argos is offering a full refund to customers, saying: "If you have purchased any of the seats, you should immediately stop using the product and return the car seat to your local Argos store for a full refund.
"We wish to thank you for your co-operation and apologise for any inconvenience caused by this recall."
The affected models are:
* Mamas & Papas Mercury Group 1 Black (Argos catalogue number 297/7526).
* Mamas & Papas Mercury Group 1 Grey (Argos catalogue number 411/9100).
* Mamas & Papas Mercury Group 1-2-3 Black (Argos catalogue number 305/6037).
* Mamas & Papas Mercury Group 1, 2, 3 Grey (Argos catalogue number 397/9530).
* Mamas & Papas Mercury Group 2-3 Black and Grey (Argos catalogue number 245/4829).