FOCUS ON .... SCIENCE -- PHARMACHEMICALS
Ireland is a world hub in the manufacture of Life Sciences products. Openings currently exist in all Life Sciences manufacturing industries.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Certificate in e-(Bio)PharmaChem (Level 7)
This interactive e-learning based programme is delivered by Dedicated Pharmaceutical Services in conjunction with DIT and incorporates hands-on laboratory experience. It is designed to reskill those with a technical background in the process or manufacturing industry for work in Life Sciences manufacturing, ie Pharmaceuticals, BioPharmaceuticals and Medical Devices.
The course comprises three core modules:
- Fundamentals of Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Technologies (VOMP3001).
- Commissioning & Qualification of Equipment and Systems (VOMP3002).
- Chemistry for API's (VOMP 3003).
In addition, all participants will be assisted to obtain a relevant job placement.
Upon completion of the course, you will have gained an understanding of the regulatory environment and validation requirements in which the industry operates along with the underpinning chemistry knowledge for pharmaceutical manufacturing.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
The minimum entry requirements are:
* Level 6 certificate in chemistry, chemical sciences, biological sciences, pharmaceutical sciences or other scientific discipline or,
* Any equivalent qualification as approved by the CPD Programme Committee in consultation with the college board or,
* Applicants who can demonstrate they have reached Level 6 from prior experiential learning (APEL), although not meeting (1) or (2) above, may be assessed for exceptional entry or,
* 120 ECTS (European Credit Transfer Scheme) points.