What the Government wants
• Redeployment of public sector workers to fill gaps in services as 6,000 leave next year. Some 2,000 have already moved but far more will be needed.
• More outsourcing of work to private sector.
• Cut overtime bill in public service by €40m. Needs to be implemented next year.
• Cut down on level of sick leave in the public service with a new policy. Needs to be implemented next year.
• Standardised terms and conditions across public service to aid movement.
• More shared services in areas such as IT and payroll.
• Getting rid of duplication in public sector.