Friday 24 February 2017

Tragic dad and children were 'full of goodness'

A FATHER and his two young children who died of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning were remembered as people "full of goodness" at their funeral yesterday.

Trevor Wallwork (50), his daughter Kimberley (12) and son Harry (9) were found unconscious in their Sligo home a week before Christmas.

It is believed they may have died as a result of inhaling the gas after a crisp packet got stuck in the chimney.

Susan Wallwork, Trevor's wife and the children's stepmother, who suffers from cancer, was understood to be too ill to travel to the funeral.

However, both she and the community in Gurteen, Co Sligo, were remembered by parish priest Fr Barry Lomax at the service in Manchester from where Mr Wallwork came. The children's mother, Donna Robinson, was also in attendance.

"Today we find ourselves here in search of answers," Fr Lomax told around 100 mourners at St Mark's Catholic Church in Swinton.

"Trevor would do anything for anybody wherever possible and I'm sure that this same goodness was passed on to his two children, Kim and Harry," he added.

Irish Independent

Read More

Promoted articles

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News