Tragedy for brothers in accident at sewer works
Published 11/06/2015 | 02:30
A father of two is dead and his brother was fighting for his life after being overcome by toxic fumes while working in a sewer.
Alan Harris died on an estate in north Dublin shortly after being called out to deal with reports of a foul smell. His brother Steve was in a critical condition in intensive care last night.
Alan, who was aged in his 40s and the owner of Drain Tech, died at the scene.
Three firemen were also treated for gas inhalation.
The Irish Independent understands that investigations are focusing on whether the brothers were wearing the correct protective breathing equipment on entering the sewer.