Thursday 8 December 2016

Three Ireland technical issues resolved

Published 27/04/2015 | 18:46

Robert Finnegan, CEO of mobile network 3
Robert Finnegan, CEO of mobile network 3

Three Ireland has fixed the network issue that affected some 15pc of customers across Ireland earlier today.

  • Go To

In a statement, the network said issues arose following "unauthorised work by BT" on the transmission network it shares with Three.

"Three can confirm that the service issues experienced by some customers today have now been resolved," a spokesperson told Independent.ie.

"The issues arose as a result of unauthorised work carried out by BT on the BT transmission network which is used by Three."

"Three will carry out a full review of BT’s operating procedures in the coming days. We would like to thank our customers for their patience and apologise again for the inconvenience caused."

Those affected by today's network issues were unable to make phone calls or send text messages.

At the beginning of April, Ireland’s second largest mobile phone network was down for almost 12 hours.

Read More: Three network down for many of 2m customers nationwide

Nearly two million Irish customers experienced difficulties making calls and sending texts.

Hundreds of tweets were sent to the Three Ireland Online Twitter account asking about the network issues, with many users saying their 3G service has also not been accessible.

Three last month completed their takeover of the O2 network, with Three having announced 1.5 million new customers joined their network as part of the takeover.

Online Editors

Read More

Promoted articles

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News