The planned cuts
• Work an extra hour a day. This would bring shifts up to 11 hours, following a previous increase from eight hours to 10.
• Good Friday will no longer be a public holiday.
• Twilight duty allowance paid from 6pm-8pm will go. This is a bonus worth 10 minutes' pay per hour.
• Night duty allowance from 8pm to 8am will be cut. This is worth 15 minutes per hour. It is proposed that this drop to 10 minutes per hour.
• Sunday overtime. It is proposed that this payment, made to gardai who were not originally rostered to work on the day, will drop.
• Public holiday pay and Sunday premium allowance. Double-time pay will be cut by 50pc.
• A small extra payment for working Saturdays will be abolished. It is worth €12 a day.
• Annual premium payment to be abolished. It is paid to some gardai to compensate them for losing premium payments when required to do off-roster duties.