Taoiseach Enda Kenny rules out RTE debate on Seanad
Published 28/09/2013 | 20:48
TAOISEACH Enda Kenny has told RTE he will not take part in a televised debate on the Seanad referendum.
RTE said it had been informed by the Government Press Secretary that the Taoiseach was declining the invitation to take part in the Prime Time debate next Tuesday night in front of a studio audience.
Fianna Fail leader Micheal Martin had agreed to participate.
Fianna Fail is opposed to the abolition of the Seanad – RTE said it will find someone else who supporting the ‘yes’ campaign to take part in the debate instead.
The debate is being chaired by Miriam O’Callaghan.