The Road Safety Authority (RSA) has renewed warnings about driving in wet and stormy weather.
When driving in wet and windy conditions drivers are reminded that;
* It takes longer to stop a vehicle on wet roads so slow down and allow extra distance between you and the vehicle in front.
* Watch out for falling/fallen debris on the road and vehicles veering across the road.
* Control of a vehicle may be affected by strong cross winds. High sided vehicles and motorcyclists are particularly vulnerable to strong winds.
* Take special care when driving behind goods vehicles as they generate spray which reduces your visibility.
* Allow extra space between you and vulnerable road users such as cyclists and motorcyclists.
* Drive with dipped headlights at all times.
* Be aware of the danger of aquaplaning especially on 100 km/h and 120 km/h roads.
* Check tyres and consider replacing them if the thread depth is below 3mm.