Sunday 4 December 2016

Stepsister mourns loss saying 'nothing will ever be the same'

Published 21/12/2011 | 05:00

THE stepsister of the two children who died from carbon monoxide poisoning has said "nothing will ever be the same" following the tragedy.

  • Go To

Vicky Whitehorn made the horrific discovery of the bodies of Kim and Harry Wallwork and her stepfather, Trevor Wallwork, at their home in Gurteen, Co Sligo, on Sunday night.

She had visited her seriously ill mother, Susan Wallwork, in Sligo General Hospital, earlier that day and decided to call to 'Forget Me Not Cottage' after she was unable to contact Mr Wallwork by phone.

Writing on her Facebook page yesterday, a devastated Ms Whitehorn said: "Nothing will ever be the same . . . I love u always."

She later thanked well-wishers for their support and said her mother would be "thankful to hear all of you care". She then asked for people to pray for her mother.

Earlier this month, Ms Whitehorn had brought Kim on a shopping trip to celebrate the little girl's 12th birthday.

Meanwhile, Louise Wallwork, a niece of Mr Wallwork's who is living and working as a waitress in Cheshire in England, asked for prayers for her uncle and cousins.

"Rest in peace uncle Trev and my two little cousins Kim and Harry," she wrote on her Facebook page.

The children's mother, Donna Wallwork, was being comforted by her family in Leigh in Lancashire last night.

A relative said she was not speaking to the media about the tragedy.

Irish Independent

Read More

Promoted articles

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News