Some he elected to miss. . .
KENNETH 'Kenny' Egan turned 18 on January 7, 2000, giving him the right to vote. Since then, he has been entitled to vote in the three general elections, two local elections, two European elections, one presidential election and 14 referendums.
The 32-year-old says he has voted once or twice in his life. Here are the 22 votes where Fine Gael's new candidate may or may not have cast his ballot:
Abolition of death penalty
Nice Treaty II
Lisbon Treaty II
Court of Appeal
* 2002 General Election: Fianna Fail and the PDs returned to power, Fine Gael meltdown.
* 2004 Local Elections: Fianna Fail takes hammering.
* 2004 European Election: Fine Gael comeback begins, winning more seats than any other party.
* 2007 General Election: Fianna Fail returns to power as Bertie Ahern wins third term.
* 2009 Local Elections: Fianna Fail suffers substantial losses, along with Green Party.
* 2011 General Election: Fine Gael and the Labour Party romp to power.
* 2011 Presidential Election: Michael D Higgins elected.