So what's changed?
Changes to water charges after three-week Fine Gael-Labour row:
* The "standing charge" of €50 per year has been abolished, although a charge could still feature for holiday homes.
* But the average family will still pay €248 per year as originally planned.
* Low-income groups like pensioners, carers, and the disabled will get €100 towards the annual bill.
* A rebate will be paid to householders after meter installation if consumption is below the amount charged via estimate.
* Faster meter installation is planned with the bulk of homes done by mid-2016 – not the end of that year as previously outlined.
Independent.ie Comments Facility
INM has taken the decision to remove the commenting facility on its online platform Independent.ie to minimise the legal risk to our business that arises from Ireland's draconian libel awards system.
We continue to look forward to receiving comments through direct email contact or via social media, some of which may still be featured on the website Independent.ie