Snake gets caught in pub washing machine
Published 11/04/2014 | 02:30
IT SHOULD have been just another routine pipe cleaning – until a snake popped out and took everyone by surprise.
Management at the Slieve Rossa pub in Co Cavan were shocked to discover the reptile had been living in their plumbing system after water stopped draining from the washing machine behind the bar last weekend.
Owner Michael Mooney said: "We found what looked like snake skin, and when we pulled more of it came out. It was about two feet long."
He said the snake might have escaped from its owner or been let loose outside the bar.
It's believed it had entered the pipe a number of days before the discovery because it was attracted to the heat of the water.
Unfortunately, the exotic animal was already dead by the time Mr Mooney discovered it.
He said: "I rang the Irish Society for the Preventation of Cruelty to Animals (ISPCA), and they said it had probably drowned in the hot water.
"There would have been boiling water going down the pipe all the time."
Irish IndependentFollow @Independent_ie