Secondary school closed following fire in woodwork room
Published 01/05/2014 | 12:08
A POST-primary school remains closed today following a fire that broke out at the complex last night.
The fire started in the woodwork room of Killarney Community College on Wednesday night at about 6.30pm.
The school was closed at the time and there was nobody in the building.
Although the woodwork room is not attached to the main building, there was some smoke damage caused and school authorities were advised not to open.
The fire was described as small and was quickly brought under control by the fire brigade.
It is not known what caused it but it is thought to have been an electrical fault.