Rugby stars at centre of alleged sex scandal return to training
Published 29/07/2013 | 04:00
THE Irish rugby internationals at the centre of an alleged sex scandal will be back in training this week.
After a week when social media was abuzz with details of the pair's alleged tryst in a Dublin hotel with a young woman, they will be hopeful that their rugby playing takes centre stage again.
The 24-year-old woman, who is at the centre of the scandal, fled the country after news of the alleged fling with the two international players leaked online and she was subjected to vicious abuse posted on social media sites.
However, she is understood to have returned home last week and will be heading overseas again shortly on a planned break with friends.
The young woman discussed the night in question with a friend on Facebook and was horrified when their private conversation was spread online.
The fling is said to have happened in a hotel room in Dublin city centre after the rugby players met the woman by chance outside a late-night fast food restaurant.
Speaking to the 'Sunday Independent', the woman said she has "huge regrets" about the alleged sexual encounter.
"I would take it back if I could," she said.