Resident dies at Aras Attracta centre after having difficulty swallowing food
Published 09/05/2016 | 13:05
A PROBE is underway after a female resident died at the Aras Attracta care centre.
It is understood that the woman was in a common area at the centre in Mayo when she got into some difficulty as she attempted to swallow food.
RTE News is reporting that specialist suction equipment to deal with choking incidents was deployed and emergency service personnel were called.
However, the woman - believed to be a resident in Bungalow 3 of the HSE-run facility - passed away at the scene last night.
More to follow