Rescue 116 searches will not take place this weekend due to weather conditions
A sea-search due to take place as part of the on-going investigation into the Rescue 116 tragedy has been postponed due to unfavourable weather conditions.
Fresh searches of the area were due to be carried out near Black Rock Island off the Mayo coast today.
Garda diving teams arrived in the area on Friday evening but due to weather conditions the search has been postponed. It is hoped that the search will resume on Monday, if the weather improves.
The investigation and search operation, led by Supt Tony Healy, has been relentless since the Sikorsky S-92 aircraft crashed around 12km off the West coast last March.
The four crew members lost their lives in the crash.
The bodies of crewmen Paul Ormsby and Ciaran Smith have still not been recovered.
A trawler with a specially designed 60m net is due to be used in the search with garda dive teams operating from the trawler.
Coastguard members will conduct a shore search on Monday.