Roscommon South Leitrim will be changed to Roscommon Galway for 2011, but the dramatis personae and key issues will remain the same.
Few outside of the nation's adopted turf-cutting hero, Michael Fitzmaurice, will be sleeping easily in the former heartland of 'Ming' Flanagan.
Some have suggested 'Ming' will return from Europe, but one suspects the canny Flanagan will not fancy his chances of shifting the bulky frame of Michael Fitzmaurice too easily.
The new reign of the Independents certainly represents a change from the days when the Leyden and Doherty factions ruled the roost in Roscommon and a token FG man was let in.
Currently it has two Independents and one FG TD but will that continue?
It certainly is another litmus test for the FF recovery which will be unveiled as something going around in pointless circles if FF does not regain a seat there.
Labours day is done but Sinn Fein will surely contend.
Fine Gael will be seeking to at least retain one seat. The odds after Roscommon hospital and Frank Feighan's 'elbows' event, are problematic.
Should Maura Hopkins, the Fine Gael 'lovely girl' run they will have a shot at it.
One person who will be looking very carefully at such developments is the wilier than wily Denis Naughten who has played ducks and drakes with a number of ardent Independent party suitors.
If Michael Fitzmaurice manages to get his new party off the ground Denis will, to put it mildly, be uneasy as he tries to see off Fianna Fail, Fine Gael and Sinn Fein to secure the second Independent seat.
John Drennan's Guide to Politics - Spring 2015
The next election will change your life. In a special supplement with the Sunday Independent, John Drennan presents his guide to Irish politics.
Guide To Politics
- And they're off: the great election race begins but, as to where it ends, sadly nobody knows
- The key issues - Remember tax reform is not illegal, Enda
- It's like a talent show - you have to make the audience want you
- Could our interrupted revolution lie in the humanising of our politicians?
- 'It's awful losing your seat, it's a very public humiliation...'
- Too early to rule out FG/SF Coalition
- Shadowy back room boys and girls with the ear of ministers
- Enda and Joan's shaky house of cabinet cards
- Despite Enda's stated preference Easter 2016 not yet definite
- As they hatch their plans, what might be the hopes and ambitions of our party schemers?
- Battle of the leaders to be key deciding factor in election race
- Spectral scenarios or sweet dreams
- When the fuss is over who will be the winner?
The Gender Gap
The Generation Game