Jobs, working standards and housing priorities for Government
Jobs, working standards and housing are the most pressing Government priorities for the rest of the coalition’s term.
In a statement released this evening, the Government’s priorities were outlined with the creation of new jobs and working conditions amongst the six listed priorities.
The Statement of Government Priorities were:
1. Strengthening the Domestic Economy & Prioritising New Jobs for the Unemployed
2. Delivering Better Living and Working Standards
3. Improving Housing Availability & Affordability
4. Responsible and Sustainable Management of the Public Finances
5. Rebuilding Trust in Politics & Public Institutions
6. Protecting & Enhancing Peace in Northern Ireland
In the statement, the Government said: “Ireland can once again look to the future with confidence and conviction.”
It echoed the Taoiseach’s words earlier today in the Dail when he thanked the irish people for their hard work and dedication during the economic downturn.
“The people’s sacrifices have not been, and will not be, wasted,” read the statement.
“But while the country is moving in the right direction, too many people continue to struggle in their daily lives.
That is why, in its remaining 21 months in office, this Government will prioritise the decisions needed to broaden and deepen the economic recovery in a manner that is felt in the daily lives of individuals, families and communities across the country.”