Picture: Remains of dishwasher that sparked massive fire in family kitchen
This photo shows the remains of a dishwasher that sparked a massive fire in a family kitchen.
The incident, which took place in Beaumont on Dublin city's northside yesterday morning, resulted from an electrical fault.
Three units of Dublin Fire Brigade attended the scene shortly after 11am, as well as the fire crew's Breathing Apparatus (BA) team.
A spokesperson for Dublin Fire Brigade confirmed that all persons in the house were accounted for during the incident.
"Units from North Strand, Kilbarrack and Finglas attended the fire, as well as our BA team to gain access to the kitchen," he told Independent.ie.
The dishwasher was placed on the house's driveway after it was extinguished, where the visibly charred appliance was photographed.
Some of the family's cups and ware were still visible inside.
Dublin Fire Brigade have since issued advice to dishwasher-users and said fires sparked by the appliance are generally the result of a faulty dishwasher and not the owner's fault.
"Remember, closing a door on a fire starves it of oxygen and prevents smoke from damaging the rest of the house," they added.
It is also recommended to opt for a longer-running, environmentally-friendly programme on the washer.
Meanwhile, four units of the Dublin Fire Brigade attended a domestic fire at a popular pub in Skerries, north Dublin.
The fire, at Nealon's pub on Church street, was attended to in the early hours of this morning by units from Balbriggan, Skerries, Swords and Phibsborough.
Finglas District Officer also attended the scene. There were no reported injuries.
Earlier we attended a dishwasher on fire in a domestic dwelling. BA team committed. All persons accounted for. 1/2 pic.twitter.com/w01IJCl0Ug— Dublin Fire Brigade (@DubFireBrigade) March 16, 2016
Remember, closing a door on a fire starves it of oxygen and prevents smoke from damaging the rest of the house. 2/2 pic.twitter.com/Y5lUjmwUGF— Dublin Fire Brigade (@DubFireBrigade) March 16, 2016