Phone charger left to overheat sparks blaze - warning
A phone charger which over heated after it was left plugged in has sparked a house fire.
Dublin Fire Brigade issued a warning after a room in the property in Castleknock, Dublin 15, was extensively damaged following the fire at 11.20am today.
No one was injured.
“It'll never happen to me! Well it did this morning in west Dublin, fire caused by phone charger over heating. Beware,” Dublin Fire Brigade tweeted, along with photographs of the incident.
It'll never happen to me! Well it did this morning in west Dublin, fire caused by phone charger over heating. Beware pic.twitter.com/dU813mgqZL— Dublin Fire Brigade (@DubFireBrigade) February 22, 2015
Elsewhere another fire crew in the capital was called out to rescue a terrier which got trapped on a rail line.
The adventurous pup managed to slip through the railings along the track at Binns Bridge, near Drumcondra, and down the embankment.
The dog’s owner raised the alarm at about 3pm today.
A spokesman for the fire brigade said an emergency tender rushed to the scene and train services were suspended while crew members climbed down and rescued the pup.
“FFs today rescued a black terrier from Binns Bridge train tracks. Thanks to @IrishRail for help, line has reopened,” it tweeted.
The pet rescue followed a more unusual call-out earlier this week, when a crew from Dolphins Barn rescued a snake.
“We're well used to ladders but it was a case of snakes & ladders recently for B Watch D'barn. A pet owner brought his corn snake in looking for help as the reptile was trapped,” it said on its Twitter page.
“The snake had got caught in a hollow branch. Using a hand ssssssssaw the snake was released unhurt none the worse for its entrapment.”
1) we're well used to ladders but it was a case of snakes & ladders recently for B Watch D'barn. A pet owner brought pic.twitter.com/koho46XIpd— Dublin Fire Brigade (@DubFireBrigade) February 21, 2015