Pat Hickey's arrest: What the Brazilian police are saying
At a press conference in Rio, the Brazilian police revealed the following details surrounding Pat Hickey's arrest.
- The arrest of Pat Hickey took place at approximately 10am Irish time (6am local time).
- There is evidence of emails and messages between Pat Hickey and Marcus Evans, the director of British company THG Sports.
- After being arrested, Hickey cited an existing heart condition and was then brought to a hospital in the district of Barra in Rio.
- When police spoke to Mrs Hickey in the accommodation they were staying in, she told them Pat had already returned to Ireland.
- However, Mr Hickey was then found in another room in the hotel.
- The Brazilian police have warrants issued for three Pro 10 officials.
More to follow