Parish family's statement in full
Published 12/05/2011 | 12:50
This is the full statement from the family of Graham Parish, who died from acute alcohol poisoning.
"Firstly we would like to thank everyone who has been involved in the case and we appreciate the support and help we have received since Graham's death.
We wanted this opportunity to present Graham as a wonderful, kind and living person he was.
He was a cheerful, intelligent man with a very bright future ahead of him. As a qualified design engineer he was hard working and successful.
Graham was the most brilliant doting daddy who took fatherhood very seriously. He had never been happier and was truly content.
He had the ability to get along with anyone and always saw the best in people. His many, many friends would testify that Graham could always be relied upon and would be the one to ensure everyone got home safely.
He is remembered by this family and friends as an easy going, cheerful gentleman, Known locally as the 'gentle giant', he lived up to his name.
Graham was a sociable person who liked to enjoy himself.
On the night of his death he was celebrating both his birthday and the recent birth of his son.
"Since becoming a father he rarely drank and had restructured his work in order to spend more time with his family.
Unfortunately this rare opportunity to let his hair down resulted in his death and left his young family fatherless.
Graham brought us great happiness throughout his life and is sorely missed.
We realise we are not the only family that has been affected by this case and that it has impacted and had repercussions for other families too.
We hope this case will highlight the dangers of drink and if it can prevent any more deaths, we feel Graham's death was not in vain."