Operation Slowdown: Gardai detect 782 speeding offences in 9 hours
Published 30/05/2014 | 18:37
In the first 9 hours and 30 minutes of Operation Slowdown (7am to 4.30pm), gardai have detected more than 782 speeding offences.
Gardai checked more than 74,500 vehicles today for speeding
Some of the biggest speeding offences include:
• This new highest speed is 130 km/h in a 100 km/h zone on the N15 Mount Temple, Grange, Sligo
• 100km/h in a 60 km/h zone on the R188 Doocassan, Drung, Cavan
• A vehicle travelling at 82 km/h in a 50 km/h zone R752 Ballyfree, Glenealy, Wicklow
• A vehicle travelling at 127 km/h in a 100 km/h zone on the N25 at Ballyadam, Carrigtwohill, Cork
• 128 km/h on a 100 km/h zone on the N7
• 86 km/h in a 50 km/h zone on the R390 at Grange Mullingar Westmeath
Gardai are appealing to motorists to drive safely and stay within the speed limits at all times and especially over this bank holiday weekend.