News Irish News

Friday 29 August 2014

Nursing home evacuated following fire in bathroom

Published 01/03/2014 | 17:14

  • Share

Dozens of residents of a nursing home were evacuated following a 'minor fire' in a bathroom.

  • Share
  • Go To

Approximately 45 residents of the Shanagh Bay Nursing Home in Bray, Co Wicklow, are being evacuated as a precaution after the fire broke out shortly before 4pm causing smoke to fill up.

Two units of the Dublin Fire Brigade are at the scene after extinguishing the fire.

A staff member at the home said no one was injured in the non-smoking facility.

Irish Independent

Read More

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News