Tuesday 6 December 2016

No answers yet in plane crash probe

Published 07/03/2011 | 05:00

AVIATION experts have so far been unable to find any fault to explain why a 19-year-old airplane crashed at Cork Airport last month, killing six people and leaving six more injured, writes Ralph Riegel.

  • Go To

The preliminary report by the Air Accident Investigation Unit into the February 10 disaster will be finalised within the next two weeks.

However, a senior aviation industry source told the Irish Independent that it was understood no problem with the aeroplane had yet been uncovered to explain the tragedy.

Two key elements in the probe will focus on the pilot's decision to attempt a third landing and the prevailing weather conditions.

The airline, Manx2.com, has now axed its Cork-Belfast service. The company said the decision came following a route review.

Irish Independent

Read More

Promoted articles

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News