Niall O'Connor: 8 Key questions facing the SF president
Published 30/11/2016 | 02:30
1) If Gerry Adams obtained names of individuals who he says may have information in relation to the Brian Stack murder as far back as 2013, why did he wait until February before formally contacting the Garda Commissioner Nóirín O'Sullivan?
2) Did the forthcoming general election - during which the murder of Brian Stack became a central issue - influence his decision to send the email to Garda Headquarters?
3) Why did Mr Adams say days before the election he was aware of the names of two individuals who may have information - before providing four in the email to the commissioner?
4) Why did Mr Adams provide names of serving politicians without notifying them all of his intentions?
5) What is his relationship now with all four of the individuals he named in the email?
6) Has Mr Adams asked the four individuals directly if they have any knowledge in relation to the Brian Stack killing?
7) As Sinn Féin president, should Mr Adams not demand the four individuals meet with the Stack family in order to assist them to secure closure?
8) What party members were given sight of the email before it was sent. What were their positions?