Friday 30 September 2016

Young girl (6) airlifted to hospital after suffering breathing difficulties at family home

Patrick Flynn

Published 13/12/2015 | 19:24

The S92 Irish Coast Guard rescue helicopter
The S92 Irish Coast Guard rescue helicopter

A young girl has been airlifted to hospital after being overcome by fumes at her home in Co Clare.

  • Go To

The alarm was raised at around 4.30pm when a call to the emergency services reported the the 6-year-old was suffering from breathing difficulties.

Ambulance paramedics and gardaí responded to the incident in Ennistymon while the Shannon based Irish Coast Guard rescue helicopter was also requested to assist.

After being assessed by medics, it was established that the child may have accidentally inhaled a chemical, possibly bleach.

Members of the Doolin unit of the Irish Coast Guard were mobilised to prepare a safe landing area for the rescue helicopter.

The youngster was taken by ambulance to the GAA field in Ennistymon where the helicopter was waiting to airlift her to University Hospital Limerick for treatment.

The child’s condition is not yet known.

Online Editors

Read More

Promoted articles

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News