Owner lashes cowards who poisoned dogs
A MAN has hit out at the 'cowardly act' which saw both of his pet dogs poisoned with strychnine.
Michael McLoughlin, from Claremorris, Co Mayo, said he was left in shock after discovering his two collies writhing in pain at his home near Lough Nanagh last month.
Mr McLoughlin described the dogs – Harvey and Pippa – as the friendliest animals he had ever come across.
Despite the way his pets were killed, Mr McLoughlin said he would not be put off from getting another dog. "I live alone and the dogs were always company here. I'm going to get another one from the pound. Whoever did this hates animals. It was a cowardly act," he added.