Monday 5 December 2016

Man who died from injuries in west Belfast 'had been assaulted'

David Young

Published 13/09/2015 | 09:28

A post mortem examination indicated the death may have been suspicious
A post mortem examination indicated the death may have been suspicious

A 31-year-old man found with fatal injuries in a west Belfast flat a year ago had been assaulted, police have said.

  • Go To

Sean Corrigan was discovered in the apartment in the St Mary's Garden area on Saturday September 13, 2014. He died later in hospital.

A post mortem examination indicated the death may have been suspicious and a police investigation was launched.

Renewing an appeal for information a year after the incident, the officer leading the probe Detective Chief Inspector Justyn Galloway said: "We are carrying out a full investigation into Sean's death.

"We now believe Sean was assaulted in the hours prior to his death and I am particularly keen to speak to anyone who may have more information in relation to this.

"We have examined CCTV footage and spoken to a number of witnesses. We will also be carrying out house to house inquiries in the area over the coming days. It is vital that we speak to anyone who may have more information in relation to Sean's movements that night and what happened in the apartment.

"I would urge the local community to help us ascertain what happened to Sean by coming forward with information. If you were in the area between 1am and lunchtime, if you saw any suspicious activity or if you have any other information about Sean's death which might assist us with our inquiries, then please get in touch."

Press Association

Read More

Promoted articles

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News