Man electrocuted while cutting hedges in Co Limerick
Published 01/03/2016 | 20:24
A man has died after being electrocuted while cutting hedges this afternoon.
The incident occurred in the Athea area of Co Limerick at around 1pm.
It is understood that the man came into contact with electrical power lines while working - and died at the scene.
His death is being treated as an accident.
The Health and Safety Authority has launched an investigation and the scene has been preserved for a technical examination.