Here are Ireland's luckiest streets for buying a lottery ticket
Published 29/07/2016 | 08:34
If you don’t buy a ticket, then you can’t win the jackpot and if you do buy a ticket, then you should probably consider buying it on one of these extremely lucky streets.
Figures released by the National Lottery show that out of the €258m won in jackpots this year, €128m was won in just 10 hotspots.
If you’re down in the sunny Southeast, Barrow Street in Carlow could be the place to go. Tickets from Easons in the Fairgreen Shopping Centre account for €66,188,316 of jackpot winnings this year.
This is by far the luckiest street in Ireland, with the next on the list accounting for over €40 million less. Still, the €23,845,078 which was won from tickets from O’Hanlon’s Spar on Station Road in Portarlington is nothing to be sniffed at.
Next up is Main Street in Belmullet, Mayo. Those who bought their tickets in Carey’s there have won €13,793,435 in jackpots.
If you buy your tickets in the capital, then don’t worry as Dublin has the highest amount of jackpot winners out of all the counties with 25 in the past six months.
Cork is second, with 11 and Wexford and Westmeath are next up with seven and six lucky winners.
If you’re not close to any of these places, relax as you can still increase your chances by playing the luckiest numbers.
Number 14 is the number drawn most often this year and according to the National Lottery, the odds are in favour of ‘10’ popping up in the EuroMillions very soon.
Playing on this year’s August Bank Holiday could also increase your luck. Last year, there were five big winners scooping €6.8m across all draws.
This weekend’s EuroMillion jackpot is an estimated €70m.
Top 10 winning streets
1. Barrack Street, Carlow, €66,188,316
2. Station Road, Portarlington, Laois €23,845,078
3. Main Street, Belmullet, Mayo, €13,793,435
4. Londis at The Faythe, Wexford €7,902,685
5. The Ranch Shop and Deli on Forkhill Road, Dundalk, Louth €5,899,439
6. Spar on Upper Baggot Street, Dublin €5,544,864
7. Fountain Street, Waterford €2,578,864
8. Spar on Limerick Road, Ennis, Clare €1,026,063
9. Spar on Drogheda Street, Balrothery, Dublin €1,000,000
10. Centra on North King Street, Dublin €500,023