Sunday 23 October 2016

Fiona Doyle's home evacuated as pipe bomb found underneath her car

Published 14/04/2015 | 10:12

Fiona Doyle
Fiona Doyle

ABUSE survivor Fiona Doyle has said that her home has been evacuated after a suspect device was found nearby.

  • Go To

Ms Doyle confirmed to this morning that herself and her husband have been forced out of their home.

It is understood that the device was found near her home.

"Someone has left a pipe bomb under my car. I can't believe it."

“I believe it has something to do with my husband’s work. He works as a bouncer in Wicklow. It’s quite scary.”

A spokesperson for the Defence Forces has said an army bomb disposal unit is on its way an incident Wexford.

Ms Doyle came to prominence after bravely giving up her right to anonymity after she was abused by her father.

Her father's jail sentence for rape was tripled to the nine years earlier this year.

The Wexford woman said at the time that she is now at peace and ready to tell the world all the "gory details" of her childhood.

"Look at me - I'm smiling. This morning, we locked up a monster," she said at a press conference after her father Patrick O'Brien was given his new sentence by the Court of Appeal in January.

O'Brien had previously pleaded guilty at the Central Criminal Court to 16 sample counts of rape and indecent assault of Ms Doyle at Mackintosh Park, Pottery Road, Dun Laoghaire, in the 1970s and 1980s.

Mr Justice Paul Carney sentenced O'Brien, who suffers from diabetes and is visually impaired, to 12 years in prison with the final nine suspended.

More to follow.

Online Editors

Read More

Promoted articles

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News