Dublin Fire Brigade warns people to stay away from chip pans 'after a few drinks'
Dublin Fire Brigade have requested that people refrain from cooking when under the influence of alcohol.
While appreciating that the prospect of a month-long 'Dry January' might be too long, the service asked that people order takeaway "if you're going to have a few drinks".
Units of the DFB were called to an apartment complex after tenants were alerted to a smoke alarm set off by a pan burning on a stove.
A picture of a burnt and smoking "forgotten chip pan" was posted on the DFB's official Twitter page.
According to a spokesperson, the pan was left on the stove by the apartment dweller who had been drinking.
Meanwhile, two fire engines from Tallaght and Nutgrove stations attended a Christmas tree fire in Templeogue on Saturday night.
The units responded to the blaze near the Spawell roundabout at around 7pm.